When you’re a parent who lives to travel, one of life’s biggest challenges is to come up with family vacations that are sophisticated enough for you, yet kid-friendly enough for your offspring. Here are a few ideas for you:
• Wendy’s Trip Photos from Morocco: An Unusual Spring Break Idea. My family’s experience was completely different from the designer shopping and helicopter commutes of my past Morocco trips—but every bit as enriching.
• Do’s and Don’ts for Your Trip to London. My son Charlie reports on the worthwhile, and the overrated, from our summer visit to London.
• What Your Kids Get Out of Giving Back: In Their Own Words. My son Doug shares memories of his favorite experience from our trip to Sri Lanka: the time we spent a charity that provides education, food, and medical support to kids suffering from extreme poverty.
• Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas. Desperate for an alternative to theme parks and mega-resorts? Here are ten offbeat spots around the world for a family-friendly getaway.
• Unexpected Holiday Travel Ideas for Christmas and New Year’s. Here are my strategies for beating holiday prices, crowds, and sell-out conditions, plus several destinations to consider instead of the typical Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico fare.
• Avoid Crowds in National Parks—Even at the Busiest Times. Stuck traveling during your kids’ school breaks? These tips will help you steer clear of the masses, even at our country’s most popular national parks.
• European Cities that are Surprisingly Kid-Friendly. Our Trusted Travel Experts share their intel on the best cities in Europe to bring your kids—and what to do while you’re there.
• This Beach Resort Figured Out How to Connect with Local Culture. My family discovered an unusual blend of comfort and authenticity at Sri Lanka’s Anantara Peace Haven Resort.
• Adventurous, Exotic Travel with Young Kids: It Is Possible. Here are our hard-won tips for making the most of an ambitious itinerary with the youngest travel companions.
• Great Ideas for Graduation Trips. Graduation trips are among the most popular family requests we get here at WendyPerrin.com. In this article, we look back at the coolest such trips our travelers have written in about.
• 5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Kids in Vietnam. From tea parties to jam sessions, here are five unexpected activities that your children will love.
• Uzbekistan is the Family Vacation Idea You’ve Been Missing. This Central Asian nation makes for a surprising family destination; our Trusted Travel Expert explains why it deserves to be on your list.
• How to Get the Best Private Guide for a Trip with Kids. The best guides make museums come alive, steer you toward engaging activities, and take care of the small, annoying details—leaving you free to spend meaningful time with your family.
• 10 Tips for a Perfect Family Vacation in Paris. Our correspondent shares several valuable lessons he’s learned over the course of many trips with his kids to the City of Light.
• 5 Steps to the Best Family Vacation You’ll Ever Have. This universal advice will help you make the most of your family’s next getaway—and leave everyone eager to do it again.
• Florence Can Be Kid-Friendly: Just Follow These Tips. Find out why Florence—a city heavy on art and culture but light on theme parks—is one family’s favorite destination.
• What the Right Local Fixer Can Do For You in Israel (or Anywhere). For my family trip to Israel, I turned to Joe Yudin, the Israel specialist on my WOW List. This is how Joe saved us from lines and tourist traps, and opened doors that are normally closed to the public.
Be a smarter traveler: Read real travelers’ reviews of Wendy’s WOW List and use it to plan your next trip. You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter @wendyperrin, and Instagram @wendyperrin, and sign up for her weekly newsletter to stay in the know.