As TripAdvisor’s Travel Advocate, I’ve been sharing a lot of summer travel advice over on the TripAdvisor blog. In case you’ve missed my posts, here are links to the tips I think you’ll find most useful:
* Traveling Overseas? Make Your Dollar Go Farther. Here’s a list of the world’s most expensive cities this summer (including Paris)—and six actions to take that will not only save you money but also reward you with more local color.
* How to Plan a Family Beach Vacation That Won’t Break the Bank. Are you finding that every four- or five-star beach resort you’ve contacted has hiked its rates sky-high this summer? Here are the tricks I’ve used for my own family’s summer getaways.
* Easy Ways to Avoid Airline Baggage Fees. Of all the fees airlines hit us with, the one that most travelers find most annoying is the fee for checking luggage. For those of you who don’t have elite status with an airline, here are three ways to avoid getting stung.
* Improve Your Trip With an Overnight Layover (No Kidding!) Do you dread overnight layovers? It’s time to change your attitude and use them to give your trip a fun kick-off or a grand finale.
* When to Save Money with a Vacation Rental. You get more space and privacy than in a hotel, and you get to live like a local, but renting a home without staff or hotel infrastructure can mean spending your vacation doing household chores. If you’re looking for that perfect villa in Tuscany or farmhouse in Provence where it’s an easy walk into town for dinner and you needn’t worry about wrestling with unfamiliar appliances or taking out the garbage, feel free to shoot me an email (click on “Contact,” above) and I can connect you with the right trusted villa expert for your destination.
Happy summer travels, everyone!